On the side opposite from the Basilica is the municipal palace.It was constructed at the end of the 18th century of stone covered in sandstone tiles.The Parish of San Juan Bautista was constructed in 1648.
This concurs with events dedicated to the Virgin Mary which are held through the entire month.
The Plaza de Armas or Rita Pérez de Moreno Civic Plaza is in the center of the city.
It was designed by Roque Picaso in the 18th century, and later modified by Salvador Gómez.
The interior is a single nave with a main altar in Baroque style in white sandstone, with Solomonic columns that support a semicircular pediment.
The rest of the decoration is simple with some sculptures of saints on the walls.