* Outlines the requirements relating to distribution statements on scientific and technical documents (para 5-24 ).* Outlines the requirements regarding the SF 312 (Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) (chap 6 ).* Updates the abbreviations and terminology lists ( glossary ).This regulation establishes the policy for the classification, downgrading, declassification, transmission, transportation, and safeguarding of information requiring protection in the interests of national security.This regulation implements Executive Order (EO) 12958 and Department of Defense Regulation 5200.1-R.This regulation contains the minimum Department of the Army (DA) standards for the protection of classified information and material.* Replaces the statement "US ONLY" with "NOFORN" (para 4-6 ).
* Specifies the process for applying original classification (chap 2 ).
* Outlines requirements for transportation plans (para 8-7 ).
* Emphasizes annual refresher training requirements for the security education program (para 9-7 ).
* Replaces the statement "Limited Official Use" with "Sensitive But Unclassified" (para 5-7 ).
* Outlines the requirements relating to Drug Enforcement Administration Sensitive Information (chap 5 ).